This fuck it list (as opposed to Bucket list) was just posted on Buzzfeed. The following are the items that I can safely say that, at this point in my life, I truly have a handle on. The others, eh, I am too old to worry about that shit….
1. You shouldn’t feel pressure to see, watch, read, or listen to anything in order to feel “cultured.” Love what you love, and explore the arts in whatever way that makes sense to you.
2. Your body doesn’t have to look a particular way.
6. You don’t ever need to define your sexuality. It can be a fluid thing.
7. You don’t have to have sex at all.
10. You don’t ever need to be a parent.
11. And if you want to be a parent, it doesn’t have to be your biological child.
12. You don’t need to achieve major success by a specific point in your life. Success can come early, or late in life. And it’s something you have to define for yourself.
14. You don’t need to travel all over to be worldly.
15. You don’t need to have a career. You don’t have to define your life by your work, and you don’t have to feel like you need to do the same work all of your life.
16. You don’t have to be ashamed of any excess or lack of body hair.
17. You don’t have to be friends with everybody.
18. You don’t have to like what everyone else likes.
19. You don’t have to please everyone.
20. You shouldn’t ever feel like it’s too late to change your life.
21. You don’t have to let your mistakes (or successes) define you.
22. You don’t have to know everything.
23. You don’t need to drink or do drugs to have a good time.
24. You don’t need to be religious or spiritual. You don’t have to feel bad about being religious or spiritual either.
If a flaw of mine hurts someone, then it has to be changed. Sorry.